Property in France, specifically on the French Riviera and in southern France, is a good long term and secure investment, regardless of whether you only want to stay on the French Riviera and in the south of France for a holiday or wish to invest in a safe, stable country close to home.
It is no surprise that foreigners, especially the British and Scandinavians, prefer buying property in the south of France, due to a sophisticated lifestyle and the current warm climate - this has truly been the case for many years now.
Listings of properties for sale
Among foreign investors, find a Mougins property for sale in the south of France continue to be a popular choice. Several inland towns and ski resorts, as well as luxury resorts such as Valbonne and Mougins, continue to attract property investors to the south of France. There is also a sense of natural sophistication and chic that foreign visitors always find so alluring in these destinations.
A property's value
Property values in the south of France have remained stable and have even moved in a positive direction. A large number of French citizens lease their property for a fixed term of 3 years, and this creates a strong demand for rental apartments and villas in most major cities and even more inland villages such as Valbonne and Mougins. While still in need of tourist accommodations at Cannes, Nice, Antibes, and these inland villages, many holiday destinations on the French Riviera and in the south of France receive an increasing number of visitors each year.
Due to France's proximity to UK and Europe, it allows home buyers to visit frequently and at a cost-effective rate, while also taking advantage of the slower pace of life, lower crime rates, and that certain "je ne sais pas" feeling. Investors look at France as having had these ingredients in its recipe for success. Investing in property on the French Riviera continues to be a highly popular option among many worldwide investors and that will continue to be the case in 2011. French Riviera property represents a safe investment in a tested market.
Investing in French Riviera properties
If you purchase French Riviera property for sale within its newly developing property markets, good returns can be expected over the medium to long term. A rising property market in France and its booming tourism industry in the south of the country should keep prices rising. While prices are still low, and rising, wise investors are acting now, while the best French Riviera property investment opportunities remain.
Recent years have seen a sharp increase in the number of British registered homeowners moving to France. British and Scandinavians have overwhelmingly purchased these homes to use as vacation homes, indicating an undying interest in French properties as investment properties.
Here are the advantages of buying a property in the southern part of France:
- The market for investment properties has historically been strong and stable, and all economic indicators indicate this trend will last
- Tax breaks make it a good time to invest
- Europe's principal countries are within easy reach
- An increase in inward and overseas investment
- A variety of climates allows you to enjoy the activities you like - sun, snow, sea, or mountain climbing
- Good growth potential for residential properties over the long term.
- Rented at a strong rate of 5%+
- Several foreign tourists visit France each year since France is a world travel destination
- Connecting to main land Europe through excellent transportation infrastructure
- Lenders from around the world offer mortgages on properties in France, thus making it easy to obtain financing for property in the south of France.
- A variety of natural and cultural attractions make the south of France a popular tourist destination
- An atmosphere of chic cosmopolitanism with an abundance of culture
- France has many beautiful rural villages with a distinctive French character, like those in Valbonne and Mougins.
- A strict legal system and property buying process make this a safe place to buy a property
It ticks every box if you are in the market for a second home, thinking about retiring abroad, or just looking for a new way of life. Finding a reputable French Riviera estate agent is the first step. You need someone who is familiar with the area to handle all of the work when you're buying from a distance.
They need to know your budget, preferred location, timelines, as well as your property preferences (number of bedrooms, swimming pool, size of the home, size of the garden etc.). Your real estate agent will then provide you with a short list of properties over the French Riviera for sale so that you can view them in person. They will help you step by step with their local knowledge. You should now get started searching for your dream property for sale on the French Riviera and the south of France just by visit here.